There are seven big mistakes that I commonly see people make when selling their house. Here’s how to avoid them.
When you sell your house, there are some common mistakes that I see too many sellers make:
1. Picking the wrong agent: Most people pick an agent they know or a relative rather than one with proven track record who sells homes full time and has experience in the area.
2. Overpricing the home: There’s a fine line between getting the best price and asking too much and selling too cheaply in the end. Get a professional’s opinion on the value of your house and listen to them!
3. Not making simple repairs to their home like cleaning and new paint: Some sellers don’t even want to replace minor things like missing fixtures or handrails. A good agent can advise you on what to repair.
4. Too much clutter: We all have too much stuff, so get rid of all that clutter when selling.
“GIVE BUYERS AN ENVIRONMENT THAT LETS THEM OPEN UP TO THEIR AGENT ABOUT YOUR HOME.”
5. Not allowing adequate access: Most buyers will want to see your home by appointment, and sometimes they might want to see it on shorter than a day’s notice. Let them in; they’re ready, willing, and able buyers.
6. Staying during a showing: You want to leave while a buyer looks at your home so they have an environment where they can open up to their agent and ask questions without feeling like they’re intruding on your privacy.
7. Leaving pets in the house during showings: Cats and dogs are great, but they can be a distraction.
If you’re thinking about selling your house or you have any questions at all about real estate, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We’re here to help.