Today, we have a guest with us, Jim Finch from Schroeder United Movers, to answer some questions that my clients have had about moving.
1. “Where do you move people to?” We can move people anywhere. United van lines can move people all around the world. Here in town, we can move people locally as well as all around the United States.
2. “What does a typical move cost?” For something like a 2,500 square foot home, a local move could cost anywhere from $500 to $3,000, depending on the services you request and how far you’re moving. For a farther move, like from Greater Milwaukee to Atlanta, costs could range from $1,500 to $10,000.
3. “What are the variables for those costs?” The type of service and the amount of stuff moved will affect the cost. Whether you’re only bringing personal possessions or you’re bringing all of your furniture will vary the expense, as well as if you need temporary storage space. That’s why we try to get our sales representatives out of the house and take a look at the situation. Then we can give them a price estimate right then and there. Another factor is that our company is insured, so any potential damages will be covered.
“The type of service and the amount of stuff moved will affect the cost.”
4. “What types of storage options do you have?” We have different sizes of moving containers that we ship on our trucks, which are especially useful if people don’t have that much.
5. “When are you the busiest? How far in advance should someone contact you?”The busiest moving times are between April and September. In that period, we probably would need three or four weeks’ notice. As we get into the fall and winter, we’re pretty flexible.
6. “If someone wanted an estimate, how could they reach you?” Our phone number is
(262) 446-4709, so call me and I can provide you with whatever information you may need.
If you have any questions about moving or selling your home, feel free to reach out to us at the Roth Team. We will be more than glad to help you out.