After you’ve done all the decluttering, cleaning, and depersonalizing, it’s time to get your home ready for a showing. Here are seven tips that will help you get your home sold:
1. Have buyers and agents come through your front door. Your home always presents itself better this way because you’re entering through the largest room in your house.
2. Get the most use out of your natural light. During daytime showings, have all your blinds pulled up or at least open. Your home shows best with natural daylight.
3. Have lights on in rooms that don’t have enough natural light. Maybe you have a basement or attic room with a small window. Have all the lights on in these rooms during showings.
“Be conscious of any odors that may be unpleasant.”
4. Leave the home during showings. When the homeowner isn’t present at the showing, we find that buyers ask more questions, show more emotion, and are more likely to buy when you aren’t there.
5. Make sure your pets are gone as well. Get any evidence of any pet out of your house while you’re at it. Don’t get rid of them for good, just during the showings.
6. Be careful of odors. Be conscious of any odors that might come from pets, smoke, or food. We don’t recommend trying to cover up any of these odors. Some buyers will think you’re covering things up.
7. Always say yes to an appointment showing. This is the most important tip. You never know when the right buyer for your home will come across. A buyer who makes an appointment showing is a motivated buyer who is ready to buy.
If you want to sell your home quickly, these are some great tips to get it ready for a showing. If you have any questions for me in the meantime, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.